Precision seedbeds in a single pass — no wonder the Orthman 1tRIPr is the most popular strip-till system on earth
Designed, engineered and built to last for years of production, the 1tRIPr manages the Three Principles of Precision Tillage and provides a clean, level, seed-ready seedbed in a variety of field conditions, including wheat stubble, cover crop, standing BT corn stalks and many more. With unprecedented flexibility to customize seedbed preparation, the 1tRIPr is available in 4- to 24-row configurations with 22” to 40” spacing using Orthman’s time-tested rigid or folding toolbars. To maximize one-pass productivity, the 1tRIPr can be utilized alone or in unison with one of the many fertilizer carrying options Orthman has to offer
1tRIPr Row Unit
Precision engineered to create the ideal seedbed in a single pass
Mounted 1tRIPr options are customizable to the way you like to farm
The 1tRIPr can be mounted on any of Orthman’s rigid or folding toolbars, including our row crop tillage toolbar — the best we’ve ever made. This new design is based on the innovative, internal fold cylinder design originally developed by Orthman, with wide, precision line-bored hinges for smooth folding and extra-engineered strength.
As the leader in precision strip-till systems and equipment around the world, Orthman is continually innovating more efficient ways to farm. With configurations up to 18 rows and a full range of high-capacity dry and liquid fertilizer carrying capabilities, the Orthman 1tRIPr XD is the leader in high-efficiency precision tillage.
For true one-pass efficiency, Orthman created the 1tRIPr XD Combo, available in 6- to 16-row configurations with a 4.5 ton dry fertilizer capacity or 1,000 gallon liquid fertilizer capacity. When you pair it with Orthman’s DR Series Planters or another brand, you’re ready for serious high-production farming.
Ideal Seedbed Preparation
For a quick start and robust germination, the 1tRIPr maximizes existing soil moisture and increases water infiltration to create a warm, consistent seedbed with uniform seed-to-soil contact.
- Allows smooth planter operation for better performance
- Creates a warm, consistent seedbed for quick start and robust germination
- Increases water infiltration and maximizes existing soil moisture
Precision Nutrient Placement
The 1tRIPr works with dry, liquid or NH3 fertilizers, and its independent row-depth control allows precise placement of multiple nutrients at variable depths for ideal uptake timing.
- Independent row-depth control for precise placement and optimal uptake timing
- Precisely places multiple nutrients at variable, user-determined depths
- Targets absorption triangle for proper stage and use
Optimal Root-Zone Conditioning
The 1tRIPr creates an ideal environment throughout the growing cycle by shattering compaction in the root zone, eliminating subsoil voids and cavities and creating twice as many beneficial pores for improved below-ground development.
- Shatters root zone compaction, eliminates subsoil voids and creates beneficial pores
- Precision-tilled zone creates warming effect and an ideal environment throughout the season
- Increases early root development during vital V1-V5 stage and late-stage development to improve yield results